Water Levels Forecast

Forecast of monthly mean lake levels for the next six months grouped as:

  • high level (thers a 5% probability of exceeding this level)
  • most probable level (there is a 50% probability of exceeding this level)
  • low level (thers a 95% probability of exceeding this level)

Canada/US flag Water levels are collected by CHS for the Canadian gauges and by NOS/NOAA for the American gauges. Six month forecasts of the probable range of future levels are prepared under the auspices of the International Coordinating Committee on Great Lakes Basic Hydraulic and Hydrologic Data by Environment Canada, Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Regulation Office in Cornwall and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Detroit District.

Forecast Beginning 1 July 2020

Monthly Mean Water Level IGLD 1985 (metres above Chart Datum IGLD 1985)

For Exceedence Probability Shown

LAKE SUPERIOR Most Probable LAC SUPÉRIEUR
MONTH 5% Probabilité Maximale 95% MOIS
JULY 183.78     (0.58) 183.74     (0.54) 183.72     (0.52) JUILLET
AUGUST 183.84     (0.64) 183.76     (0.56) 183.70     (0.50) AOÛT
SEPTEMBER 183.88     (0.68) 183.76     (0.56) 183.66     (0.46) SEPTEMBRE
OCTOBER 183.88     (0.68) 183.72     (0.52) 183.62     (0.42) OCTOBRE
NOVEMBER 183.86     (0.66) 183.68     (0.48) 183.55     (0.35) NOVEMBRE
DECEMBER 183.80     (0.60) 183.6      (0.40) 183.46     (0.26) DÉCEMBRE
(CHART DATUM 183.20 IGLD 1985) (ZÉRO DES CARTES 183.2 SRIGL 1985)
LAKE HURON Most Probable LAC HURON
MONTH 5% Probabilité Maximale 95% MOIS
JULY 177.48     (1.48) 177.45     (1.45) 177.43      (1.43) JUILLET
AUGUST 177.48     (1.48) 177.41     (1.41) 177.35     (1.35) AOÛT
SEPTEMBER 177.44     (1.44) 177.34     (1.34) 177.24     (1.24) SEPTEMBRE
OCTOBER 177.39     (1.39) 177.25     (1.25) 177.12     (1.12) OCTOBRE
NOVEMBER 177.36     (1.36) 177.16     (1.16) 177.02     (1.02) NOVEMBRE
DECEMBER 177.32     (1.32) 177.10     (1.10) 176.92     (0.92) DÉCEMBRE
(CHART DATUM 176.00 IGLD 1985)   (ZÉRO DES CARTES 176.0 SRIGL 1985)
LAKE ST. CLAIR Most Probable LAC SAINTE-CLAIRE
MONTH 5% Probabilité Maximale 95% MOIS
JULY 176.01     (1.61) 175.96     (1.56) 175.92     (1.52) JUILLET
AUGUST 175.98     (1.58) 175.90     (1.50) 175.81     (1.41) AOÛT
SEPTEMBER 175.92     (1.52) 175.82     (1.42) 175.70     (1.30) SEPTEMBRE
OCTOBER 175.84     (1.44) 175.70     (1.30) 175.56     (1.16) OCTOBRE
NOVEMBER 175.79     (1.39) 175.60     (1.20) 175.43     (1.03) NOVEMBRE
DECEMBER 175.82     (1.42) 175.58     (1.18) 175.37     (0.97) DÉCEMBRE
(CHART DATUM 174.40 IGLD 1985)   (ZÉRO DES CARTES 174.4 SRIGL 1985)
LAKE ERIE Most Probable LAC ÉRIÉ
MONTH 5% Probabilité Maximale 95% MOIS
JULY 175.07     (1.57) 175.02     (1.52) 174.98     (1.48) JUILLET
AUGUST 175.02     (1.52) 174.92     (1.42) 174.84     (1.34) AOÛT
SEPTEMBER 174.94     (1.44) 174.81     (1.31) 174.69     (1.19) SEPTEMBRE
OCTOBER 174.88     (1.38) 174.70     (1.20) 174.54     (1.04) OCTOBRE
NOVEMBER 174.84     (1.34) 174.60     (1.10) 174.44     (0.94) NOVEMBRE
DECEMBER 174.86     (1.36) 174.58     (1.08) 174.36     (0.86) DÉCEMBRE
(CHART DATUM 173.50 IGLD 1985)   (ZÉRO DES CARTES 173.5 SRIGL 1985)
LAKE ONTARIO Most Probable LAC ONTARIO
MONTH 5% Probabilité Maximale 95% MOIS
JULY 75.24     (1.04) 75.18     (0.98) 75.13     (0.93) JUILLET
AUGUST 75.20     (1.00) 75.09     (0.89) 74.98     (0.78) AOÛT
SEPTEMBER 75.15     (0.95) 74.99     (0.79) 74.83     (0.63) SEPTEMBRE
OCTOBER 75.12     (0.92) 74.91     (0.71) 74.67     (0.47) OCTOBRE
NOVEMBER 75.11     (0.91) 74.83     (0.63) 74.58     (0.38) NOVEMBRE
DECEMBER 75.12     (0.92) 74.79    (0.59) 74.54     (0.34) DÉCEMBRE
(CHART DATUM  74.20 IGLD 1985)   (ZÉRO DES CARTES 74.2 SRIGL 1985)
MONTREAL HARBOUR Most Probable PORT DE MONTRÉAL
MONTH 5% Probabilité Maximale 95% MOIS
JULY 6.80     (1.25) 6.57     (1.02) 6.40     (0.85) JUILLET
AUGUST 6.84     (1.29) 6.54     (0.99) 6.25     (0.70) AOÛT
SEPTEMBER 6.90     (1.35) 6.53     (0.98) 6.15     (0.60) SEPTEMBRE
OCTOBER 6.97     (1.42) 6.56     (1.01) 6.15     (0.60) OCTOBRE
NOVEMBER 7.10     (1.55) 6.71     (1.16) 6.20     (0.65) NOVEMBRE
DECEMBER 7.20     (1.65) 6.92     (1.37) 6.30     (0.75) DÉCEMBRE
(CHART DATUM   5.55 IGLD 1985)   (ZÉRO DES CARTES 5.55 SRIGL 1985)